Sunday 24 January 2016

Art link people together

Way back in 1969 I was a Grade One teacher in Barberton, Mpumalanga. This beautiful town is situated in the De Kaap Valley and is fringed by the Makhonjwa Mountains. It is 43 kilometres south of Nelspruit and 360 kilometres to the east of Johannesburg. I was only 20 years old then and it was my first job!
I loved the kids in my class and enjoyed my work.
Many years passed. Kids grow up and young teachers grow older. I retired in 2009. Time was my own now. I started painting much more than before. And I discovered the joys of the internet and the joy of sharing one's talents.
Most of my art (and photos) can be seen on RedBubble.
* Redbubble is quite simply the finest and most diverse creative community and marketplace on the interlink: Click on the links below to view any of my available:
T-shirts and hoodiesWomen's fitted scoop T-shirtsWoman's fitted V-neck T-shirtsWomen's relaxed fit T-shirtGraphic T-shirtsStickersI-phone cases and skinsGalaxy cases and skinsPostersThrow pillowsTote BagsStudio PouchesDuvet CoversMugsTravel MugsPhotographic printsArt PrintsFramed printsCanvas printsMetal printsCardsCalendarsLeggingsPencil skirtsScarvesKid's clothesiPad cases and skinsLaptop SkinsDrawstring BagsLaptop SleevesSpiral NotebooksHardcover Journals

Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.”
— Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, German Philosopher


Today is a wonderful day because one of my pupils from my first Grade One class is coming to visit and to fetch all three paintings above which he bought from me! Isn't life just beautiful! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sales Liz, it's always very gratifying when someone appreciates your work!

    ReplyDelete