Monday 4 May 2015

My personal diary!

Winter

Winter is coming,
I smell it outside
but the days are still bright...

and my heart feels so light
for the sunrays are spreading wide.


Late summer so mild, 
creeps deep in my heart -
but in autumn I dance
with the leaves
on the grass
say welcome to winter at last!

Maureen Grobler 1920-1993.

My late mother wrote this lovely poem many years ago. I can agree: "but the days are still bright..."  Here are my latest paintings, hope you enjoy as much as I did. 

There are so many awesome places to enjoy the thrills of sand boarding in South Africa. Our beaches are gorgeous and so many are home to the most beautiful and awesome sand dunes that growing numbers enjoy conquering with their sand boards.
Paletteknife painting, acrylic. 




Apples, avocado, bananas, figs, grapes, gooseberries, guavas, lemons, mangoes, oranges, paw paw, peaches, pears, plums, pomegranates, pineapples, quince, spanspek, tomatoes, watermelon, winter melons are all in season at the moment in South Africa. (March, April and May)
Painted on an x-raysheet, palette knife, acrylic paint.


I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.- Og Mandino 




Art is your personal diary where you may color your thoughts and emotions on a page. ~Sara, Los Cerros Middle School, 1999.



I cannot agree more with the famous words of Sara! 

No comments:

Post a Comment