Wednesday 23 September 2015

Inspiration from facebook

I have friends and I have friends on facebook. Friends I know and friends I don't know very well. Like all people nowadays have, I suppose....  ;-)
A real friend from long ago posted a picture to my facebook-page a few days ago: "A picture that asks to be paint." Something like that. She knows me well. She knows I love challenges. She knows I love pictures with trees and warm colours. I looked at the pic for three days, wondering if I would be able to paint it as lovely as it was on the screen in front of me. Then I realised it is an oppotunity to do something new, something bold, something beautiful.
Autumn is a favourite season. I agree with Sarah Addison Allen: “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.”


This is my painting. I'm happy! I would love to walk into it and smell the leaves and listen to the birds singing their unique songs. 

2 comments: