Saturday 22 March 2014

Oil is the answer

I love to work with the palette knife using acrylics or oil. The art of knife painting is enjoyable and exciting. With a knife as painting tool, one can attain certain effects that cannot be accomplished with a brush. Here are two of my latest paintings done in oil. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it! 

I love to express the peace and beauty of nature I find today, reflecting those of my youth. My interest in art has lasted a lifetime. From the early experiences in school to the present I have always found visual expression most worthy of my time.


 
Seascapes and trees, a more realistic and impressionistic kind of art, is also on the top of my list of favourite-to-do things!

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing"
- Camille Pissaro

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your enjoyment is quite evidentLiz, beautifully done! I yet have to try my set of palet knives I bought (a long time ago! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, give it a try!!! Thanks for visiting Maree and your kind words are appreciated.

      Delete